Saturday, March 14, 2009

Inspiration

Inspiration. I must say, I have been reading so much about the creative process, ways to "see" differently, to 'shake up' my photographic flow, but lately, I feel a bit of a funk. Lack of inspiration? I'm getting ready for a show and feeling pressure to have really good work, and figuring out how to afford to pay for it. It was really getting to me today; getting a little depressed about it all.
Tonight was a somewhat (I hope) annual party at some friends art studio- both painters who I really like (personally and their work). Kevin and I go; a great old industrial building, their work all over the place, great city view from huge windows. Lots of friends-conversations from the serious to the sentimental to the silly. Offered a project, chastened for not having a proper website. I know this sounds so simple, so elemental, but tonight was, well, inspiring. The mix of friends, the setting, perhaps even the infrequency. First thing I did when I got home was to write a 'to-do' list for tomorrow-things I need to get done to get ready for this upcoming show. Second, I wrote this. As you can see- it's been too long since I've been inspired to blog....

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey; I missed this entry before!

I totally know what you mean, though with other creative processes. It's so inspiring to just be in the company of like-minded people, never mind the overt encouragement they inevitably offer. Last time I was with a bunch of writers, we spent every evening for a week just sitting, talking, drinking, talking, encouraging one another, talking. It's rejuvenating.

And I was so tickled by how you described "feeling" textures with your vision and photography the other day. I so wish I could have gone to your show.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home